Light & dark box
The light & dark Box test is one of the most widely used tests to measure anxiety-like behavior in mice.Mouse Light & dark box. The test is based on the natural aversion of mice to brightly illuminated areas and on their spontaneous behavior in response to mild stressors, such as novel environment and light. This test is also sensitive to anxiety drugs treatment. The test apparatus consists of a box divided into a small (one third) dark chamber and a large (two thirds) brightly illuminated chamber. Mice are placed into the lit compartment and allowed to move freely between the two chambers. The first latency to enter the dark compartment and the total time spent in lit compartment are indices for bright-space anxiety in mice. Transitions are index of activity-exploration, because of habituation over time. Light &Dark Test is quick and easy to use, without requiring prior training of animals. Here, we present our protocol that has been able to detect both anxiolytic-like (reduced anxiety) and (increased anxiety) behavior in mice.
- The apparatus for the light/dark transition test consists of a box (Mouse Light & dark box)
White Compartment ,Black Compartment , Material Composition
/Dark Box is a characteristic tool used in the assessment of anxiety. The basic measure is
the animal’s preference for dark, enclosed places over bright, exposed places. Time spent in the lit (light)
the related exploratory behaviors, are reliable parameters for assessing anxiolytic effects that may be useful in identifying screening of anxiolytic and antigenic agents.
Key Features Of BLACK & WHITE TEST
Walls fit solidly in slotted base, but lift off for easy cleaning.
STA02 (D x H) 10 x 25 cm (4 x 10 in)H) 20 x 50 cm (8 x 20 in)
CST-BW02:240 x 250 x 250 mm (9.5 x 9.8 x 9.8 in)240 x 250 x 160 mm
(9.5 x 9.8 x6.3 in) divided into a small (one third) dark compartment and a large (two thirds) illuminated compartment .
- Mouse Light & dark box.The apparatus is placed in an isolated room away from any external interference’s and noises with a low-intensity white light source. The experimenter must restrict from making any excessive noise during the test and from wearing odor-ant products with strong smell, since it could act as an anxiogenic stimulus for the mice.The illumination in the lit chamber must be 300 lux or more, while the other chamber is dark .The mice are transferred in their home cages to the behavioral testing room for at least 30 min before the experiment.Clean both compartments of the apparatus with ethanol.The mouse is allowed to move freely between the two chambers for 5 to 10min .
- . The following parameters are scored
- The latency time to enter the dark compartment .
- The time spent in the lit&dark compartment.
- The distance traveled in the lit chamber.
- The number of transitions.
Its such as you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this,
like you wrote the guide in it or something. I think that you
just could do with some % to power the message house a little bit, however other than that, this is fantastic
blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.
If some one desires expert view about running a blog afterward i recommend
him/her to go to see this webpage, Keep up the pleasant work.
Comments are closed.